When the discerning people of Melbourne ask me to write their ceremony I always look for ways to say what is in the hearts of the marrying couple, and one of the best ways to achieve the right result is to refer to a quotation from an old (or sometimes new) master philosopher.
Regardless of whether you are going to be married outside or inside, in Glen Waverley or Brighton, in a chapel or a private home, every service requires the elements of music and the spoken word.
If we can capture the moment, express the love and devotion and create an atmosphere or mood, then you and your celebrant have done well and your wedding will be memorable for all the right reasons.
My assistant and I have put together this list of appropriate quotations that convey the feeling of love and devotion. They are inspirational wedding quotes that celebrate matrimony in all aspects.
I hope you choose me as your celebrant for your Melbourne wedding, I hope you let me help you find the right words to express the love that is in your hearts on your wedding day.
I am always available at email@example.com
Herea re the top 10 wedding quotes. We will post another 10 top in a a future edition of this blog.
1. “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” – Barnett R. Brickner
2. “Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. I love thee, I love but thee with a love that shall not die. Till the sun grows cold and the stars grow old.”- WilliamShakespeare
3. “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.”- Martin Luther
4. “Marriagei s the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity.”- Kahlil Cibran
5. “You know when you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams.”- Dr. Seuss
6. “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.”-George Sands
7. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”-Plato
8. “You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes and her eyes everywhere in the world.”-David Levesque
9. “A successful marriage is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day.”-Andre Maurois
10. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.”- Dave Meurer
Commonwealth Registered Civil Marriage Celebrant